We discuss, vet, and rewrite (and not for the last time), the Modern Testing Principles. These are a work in progress, but we’re happy to share the current final form.
Listen to the podcast to hear these developed in real time.
- The customer is the only one suitable to judge and evaluate the quality of our software
- We apply the theory of constraints to identify, prioritize and mitigate bottlenecks from the system (and accelerate the team).
- We are not the safety net for software correctness – we focus on improving the business, and not the code.
- We are responsible for the quality culture of our team, and are accountable for helping and coaching the team in this regard.
- We use data to deeply understand customer usage and customer pain.
- Embrace continuous improvement, and help the team adapt and optimize in order to solve customer pain
- We strive to reduce or eliminate the need for a dedicated testing specialist on our teams by increasing testing abilities and knowhow across the team.